WordCamp Tampa has teamed up with Happy Joe to offer an amazing, one-day workshop that will teach you how to build an incredible business or career in the web technology industry with WordPress! Attendees will receive valuable advice and training, as well as have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the industry.
WP BootCamp will take place on Friday, September 25th. This class and workshop will be taught in partnership with Happy Joe, a 501c3 organization dedicated to improving the lives of veteran’s, veteran caregivers, and veteran spouses. We will be offering free tickets to the entire 3-day camp to 30 veterans, graciously sponsored by WP Engine. Veterans that would like to take advantage of this opportunity should start the application process here.
- DATE: September 25th, 2015
- LOCATION: USF Marshall Student Center
- TIME: 9 am – 4 pm
- PRESENTERS: James Dalman and Nathan Ingram
- LIMITED SEATING: 100
- PRICE: Tickets are $15 each. 30 free tickets for military veterans. See below.
- LUNCH AND DRINKS INCLUDED
Why Should You Attend?
There are thousands of companies searching for skilled and qualified people right now, but the list of candidates is small. Businesses are fighting for great talent and they will pay well to get it! Whether you want to launch an agency, be a freelancing professional. or join forces with an existing team, the opportunities to make great living are unlimited — especially for military veterans and their families.
If you’ve ever thought about the following, then you need to be at WP BootCamp Tampa:
- I want to launch a home based business that’s profitable, sustainable, and flexible for my lifestyle.
- I want a long-term career that pays well and provides me with amazing benefits.
- I want to take my existing WordPress or web tech business to the next level.
- I want learn about WordPress and the many opportunities available in this industry.
- I need to find valuable work opportunities after my military service is over.
WP BootCamp Tampa is perfect for people new to the idea of web tech to seasoned professionals. We welcome anyone to attend our training whether you are military or not.
Join us to learn from some of the best WordPress entrepreneurs and experts in the industry.
What Will You Learn?
WP BootCamp is all about showing you the skills needed to succeed in this industry. We won’t dig into code or design and we certainly won’t bore you with geek speak. Our instructors will provide you will real world, actionable advice that will get you to the next level.
WP BootCamp Tampa sessions will include:
- Bridging the Gap between Civilians and Military in Web Tech
- Discovering The Amazing Opportunities in WordPress
- Starting Off Right with WordPress (Advice, Skills, Products,Training, Resources)
- Focusing On Your Strengths (Designer, Developer, or Other?)
- Building Your Brand or Reputation
- Marketing Your Skills
- Earning More Money and Selling Your Value
- Getting Your Foot in the Door with WordPress Companies
- Succeeding as a Business Owner or Freelancer
- Question and Answer Session
- Networking and Connecting
James Dalman, CEO of Happy Joe, U.S. Army Veteran
Nathan Ingram, Business Coach and Instructor
Teachers’ Aids by Tampa Bay WordPress
- Tom Townsend, New Port Richey Organizer, U.S. Navy Veteran
- Alphonso Montibello, Brandon Organizer, U.S. Army Veteran
- Tony Leary, Safety Harbor Organizer, U.S. Navy Veteran
- Thomas Giella, New Tampa Organizer
- Jim True, St. Petersburg Organizer
- Alison Foxall, Tampa Organizer
Bonus for Our Military Veterans!
Besides all of the awesome training and advice, all military attendees who have served or are currently serving will receive the following from Happy Joe. Proof of military service at the event is required to claim these bonus items. No exceptions!
- One Happy Joe T-Shirt
- WordPress for Dummies by Lisa Sabin Wilson
- The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Freelance Web Design Business by iThemes
- 90 days of free website hosting from SiteGround
- A free lifetime membership to WP101.com
- Free access to SIDEKICK.PRO for one year
- VIP access to the Happy Joe membership community (military only)
- Gifts and coupons from our corporate partners and preferred vendors
- Coffee, tea, water, and lunch is provided